Besides our core business - technology services - we continuously enhance and improve the hydrogenation technology.
Our strategic approaches are focused on the further development of the DCL / Heavy Oil Upgrading process to create more add-on value for our clients, increase the sustainable usage of resources and meet highest product specifications.
Based on our long lasting experiences and Know-how, h-tec is continuously working on the further optimization of the Bergius-Pier process, which of course can also be implemented into various other high pressure slurry processes:
- Optimization of overall and detailed process design as well as operating procedures to increase the operability and reliability of hydrogenation processes
- State of the art mechanical equipment design. Some of such developments are already implemented into various high pressure, slurry handling conversion processes of our clients
- Direct production of On-Spec Gasoline, Jet and Diesel from DCL by new catalysts in the Hydrotreater / - cracker section. h-tec cooperates in this field with a world leader in refinery catalyst
- Further reduction of the CO2 footprint by enhanced process configurations and implementation of new technical options
- h-tec engineered and constructed a DCL pilot plant which operates at the the Technische Universität Berlin (“TUB”) to perform in cooperation with TUB coal liquefaction test runs to evaluate yields from various coals and co-processing options (e.g. biomass)
More information Fact sheet h-tec technology